Saturday 7 February 2015

Stop being stupid!

One cold morning with freezing breeze,
I stepped in a park with ample ease,
Looking around the lonely lane,
My eyes stood stunned at a broken pane.

Heading towards the pane very slowly,
I saw a girl who looked very holy,
Asking her if she knew about the pane,
I heard something which choked my brain.

The girl said she was abused last night,
Her husband assaulted her because of a fight,
He was so angry that he hit her hand,
I asked her to take a very strict stand.

Explaining the reason behind the fights,
She told me that he has all the rights,
Tears rolled down her cheeks and she was cold,
All she wanted was someone to match her mould.

Her dreams were shattered when he first abused her,
And the torture continued and got even horrible,
Her love for him kept her abide,
But after a certain point its about your pride.

You love him...I understand but he should respect you back,
You are his better half not an old punching sack,
Being committed I understand is a need,
But stop being an educated stupid!

-Pranjal Sharma.

No comments: