Sunday 28 September 2014

The Wood Speaks...

From a tiny twig to a massive tree,
I added life to let you breathe free.
My roots,my fruits,my leaves,my flowers;
Gave you all the flavours in exchange of scars.

Without expecting any respect,
I worked throughout for your effect.
From cleaning your premises to giving you comfort,
I completed your life with my endless efforts.

You cut my roots with your tools so deep,
And I helped you to have a safe and sound sleep.
You plucked my flowers for your pleasure,
And I kept on adding to your treasure. 


Today my parts are scattered all around,
From your store room to my very own ground.
I am surrounded by rodents and insects all over,
My remnants are used by them to satisfy their hunger.

And finally  I decay and die in a while,
You use me even after that to make your soil fertile.
But I am happy as I never expected from you,
As expectations lead to sorrow all through.

I advice you to lead your life like I did,
Give your every bit to the one in need.
And victorious we shall be at the end of the day,
I promise you'll be happy as life finds its way!

-Pranjal Sharma.

No comments: